M4-ATX, 250w output, 6v to 30v wide input Intelligent Automotive DC-DC Car PC Power Supply
More: Get Quote
Plug-In Smart car PC PSU
- 250 Watts (300 Watts peak)
- 20/24 pin ATX, 6-30V wide input
- Programmable timing settings via USB
- Intelligent shutdown controller
- ON/OFF motherboard control
- Survives vehicle engine cranks
- Battery deep discharge prevention
- High efficiency, 250 watts output
- "Anti-Thump" Amplifier remote control
- <1.5mA standby current
- VIA, Intel, AMD CPU support- OSCON / POSCAP (solid polymer) capacitors, Japan
- manufactured by mini-box.com
- ROHS compliant version
Download the M4-ATX Software
||USB 2.0 interface|
Intelligent Automotive / Car DC-DC ATX PC Power Supply
M4-ATX is an intelligent, high power, vehicle (car / boat / electric cart) DC-DC ATX PC power supply designed for use with car pc or general purpose battery powered applications. Designed to provide power and to control the motherboards's ON/OFF switch based on ignition status, M4-ATX is a wide input (6 to 30V) vehicle / car / battery operated ATX power supply capable of surviving tough car engine cranks (down to 6V) as well as transient over-voltage situations.
Connect it to your car / boat / RV / solar battery and power up your PC! By using Patent Pending HyperWatt[TM] technologies, M4-ATX packs an impressive amount of power relative with its small footprint. M4-ATX has several key advantages over traditional power supplies:
- Programmable shutdown / sleep modes via optional serial cable.
- Fits any motherboard equipped with a 20 or 24pin ATX connector.
- 100% silent, fanless, no moving parts.
- Operates from 6-30V, multi-chemistry batteries supported.
- Highly efficient design, does not produce a lot of heat.
- Works with any Intel Core Duo as well as all VIA or AMD processors.
Firmware on the M4-ATX can be changed to accommodate different behaviours. OEM / reseller integration is welcome. Please send en email to with your custom requirements.
1. M4ATX System Tray Monitor & Setup Application
This install kit provides two applications. M4ATXTray.exe which allows monitoring the M4ATX power supply voltages and temperature (needs to be connected thru a USB cable to the computer).The application adds a small icon on windows system tray which on mouse over displays the voltages and temperature, and can be customized with several skins.
Download M4ATX System Tray Monitor & Application
See below for some example skin screenshots.
The second application M4_ATX.exe allows to setup various parameters of the power supply like ignition voltage limit or shutdown voltage limit.
2. M4ATX OEM Setup Application
Download M4ATX OEM Setup Application
WARNING: This program is intended only for OEM or Advanced Users. Mini-Box.com cannot be held responsible for any damage that might come from the use of this software done to your power supply or other computer components Application allows advanced setup of M4ATX parameters.
3. Linux/MacOS/*BSD Api
# Monitor input and output voltage levels:
$ ./m4 -diag loop
# Display your PSU's configuration:
$ ./m4 -config
IGN_HIGH: 5.84 V
IGN_LOW: 5.50 V
IGN_DBC: 500 ms
PSU_DELAY: 1 sec
# Check or update specific variables:
$ ./m4 -config VIN_MIN_ON
$ ./m4 -config VIN_MIN_ON 10.0
$ ./m4 -config VIN_MIN_ON